Full time, preferably located in the Bay Area. Open to remote for the right candidate.
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a decentralized credit platform that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world.
Our vision is to build a global, decentralized network that allows anyone to be a lender, not just banks. Since launching the protocol in December 2020, we've gone from zero to serving thousands of borrowers across three continents in seven different countries. And we're just getting started. We plan to scale the loan book significantly in the next few months, and launch a decentralized network soon after to massively scale the types and amount of lending that we can support.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Goldfinch, you will be responsible — along with the rest our world-class engineering team — for building impenetrable smart contracts and delightful web products for our customers to use. We generally follow an agile methodology. We work to create a high trust, empathetic team environment with high standards of excellence and integrity. We also bring a security first mindset to everything we build.
Projects You Might Work On
- You would get to own greenfield components of our V2 projects, from the smart contracts to the front-ends. This could be anything from our whitepaper, including a dynamic leverage ratio, auditor system, unique entity check system.
- You could build our investor dashboard on our front-ends, from scratch. This would be in React, and will involve fetching data from Ethereum, as well as potentially integrating with The Graph protocol.
- You could build a standalone deployment of our front-ends that could be hosted by any of our borrowers. This might involve working with AWS or GCP to make one-click deployments available to them. Remember, this is a decentralized protocol, so we aren't building for ourselves to own everything. We want to put power into our users hands, and remove ourselves as a point of failure.
With any of these projects, we often design together, and implement separately. You'd be expected to own implementation for one from end to end, while being an enthusiastic and collaborative team member with everyone else and their projects.
Who You'll Be Working With
- Current team is a mix of tech and finance veterans, with deep crypto and emerging market lending experience from some of the best companies in the world, including Coinbase, Morgan Stanley, Yelp, Goldman Sachs, Branch, Medium, Stratos, and Twilio.
- We're an entrepreneurial bunch. A large percentage of the team has started their own company in the past.
- Excitement about crypto and the Goldfinch mission!
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong technical judgement, knows when to "build it right" and when "quick and dirty" is the right call
- A passion for building excellent products first, and using cool technology second
- Ability to work with little guidance and find paths forward
Technical Nice to Haves
- Solidity or other blockchain development
Nice to Haves
- Experience in crypto or blockchain startups
- Experience working in emerging markets
Benefits / Perks
- All roles include meaningful equity and tokens
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- Occasional free lunch
- Maternal / Paternal leave